Kolab Now vs Kolab groupware

marko kolab at mechtron.com.au
Sat Jan 4 12:34:04 CET 2020

On Saturday, 4 January 2020 4:23:13 PM AEDT Geoff Nordli wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am actually a current user of Kolab.   I have been running it just as
> a mail server the last couple of years.  I am looking at seeing what
> else it can do on the groupware side of things.
>
> Would you say everything that Kolab now can do, Kolab can do; except for
> the collabora components?   I am looking at the contacts and calendaring
> side of things.
>
> Outlook 2013 or greater works well as a client with ActiveSync? Or maybe
> people are using IMAP for the mail component and ActiveSync for
> calendar/contacts.
>
> thanks,
>
> Geoff

Hi Geoff,

you have got the roundcube web mail at your.kolab.install/roundcubemail  which
surfaces all the groupware functionality + mail.  That will show what is
possible.

ActiveSync has some limitations on number of calendars I think, but it's been
while since I tried.  I had a lot of trouble with earlier outlooks and the
binyari connector and gave up on outlook.

There is also Lightning add-on to Thunderbird, but I have not explored it
fully.

I used ActiveSync on android at first but now use a CalDav connector.

Overall I currently use Kontact as desktop, roundcubemail via web and CalDav/
imap on Android and I'm happy with the result.

cheers

Marko