Kolab plus POP3?

Wed Sep 20 07:02:09 CEST 2017

Hello Friedemann,

> The Kolab sources only contain the IMAP part of Cyrus - how can I get
> a working POP3 server on top of my setup? Any experiences anyone?

Please edit your /etc/cyrus.conf, and add these lines below the
definition of imaps:

    pop3                cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
    pop3s               cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1'

You need to decide if you permit pop3 (without the s for secure).

Also make sure that your firewall is configured to listen on the pop3
ports: pop3s 995, pop3 110.

I hope this helps,
   Timotheus