guam crashes

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at algo.mur.at
Sun May 8 11:57:31 CEST 2016

Hello,

Since my guam crashed sometimes many times a day on request from external
clients, My workaround was configure cyrus.conf  with standard ports 143, 993
and guam with the 9993, 9143 for roundcubemail, so it is more responsitive and
it did not crash guam (as often).

Since crashes seems to happen randomly i didnt file a error report, since I
didnt collect enough useful information about them, ...

maybe somebody has a hint...

mfg
 winfried

Am Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2016, 11:20:03 schrieb me at chrisfleming.org:
> On 05/05/16 at 06:34am, Gregor Adamczyk wrote:
> > Dear list members,
> >
> > guam crashes often that seems be a fact.
> >
> > Imap stops working and nobody can receive mails until a restart.
> >
> > So my temporary solution is to modify:
> >
> > vi /usr/lib/systemd/system/guam.service
> >
> > and add:
> >
> > [Service]
> > WatchdogSec=30min
> > Restart=always
> >
> > Do somebody have a better ideal to deal with the GUAM instability?
>
> I have also ended up doing a daily restart, as I was finding lots of
> closed imap sessions where being kept open between guam and cyrus.
>
> systemctl stop guam
> systemctl stop cyrus-imapd
> sleep 1
> systemctl start cyrus-imapd
> systemctl start guam
>

> Although to be honest, I'm struggling to see the value of guam at this
> point in time, so I might just turn it off altogether.
>
> Cheers
> Chris

---- Atelier Algorythmics ----
Winfried Ritsch