guam crashes

me at chrisfleming.org me at chrisfleming.org
Thu May 5 12:20:03 CEST 2016

On 05/05/16 at 06:34am, Gregor Adamczyk wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> guam crashes often that seems be a fact.
>
> Imap stops working and nobody can receive mails until a restart.
>
> So my temporary solution is to modify:
>
> vi /usr/lib/systemd/system/guam.service
>
> and add:
>
> [Service]
> WatchdogSec=30min
> Restart=always
>
> Do somebody have a better ideal to deal with the GUAM instability?

I have also ended up doing a daily restart, as I was finding lots of
closed imap sessions where being kept open between guam and cyrus.

systemctl stop guam
systemctl stop cyrus-imapd
sleep 1
systemctl start cyrus-imapd
systemctl start guam

Although to be honest, I'm struggling to see the value of guam at this
point in time, so I might just turn it off altogether.

Cheers
Chris