Activesync not always syncing read status from server to mobile device

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Mon Dec 14 21:24:20 CET 2015

On 12/14/2015 09:11 PM, Carpenter, Troy wrote:
> I just did another test.  It looks like Syncroton will not mark more
> than five emails at a time, either read or unread.  I could do one at a
> time with the automatic "mark as read" feature, and even select 3 or for
> and mark them in bulk.  But after that it appeared that only 5 emails
> would get marked on the mobile device no matter how many were done at
> the same time in Roundcube.  After that Roundcube and the mobile device
> are out of sync with respect to the read status.

That may be something related to WindowSize parameter in ActiveSync. It
is set by the device and defines how many objects can be synchronized in
one go. So, it may be that syncroton does a sync operation for 5
messages and then wrongly assumes every change was synchronized, and do
not try to sync other messages (changes).

I don't remember testing such scenario, also different devices use
different WindowSize. So, there might be a bug. Please, create a ticket.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Software Developer