Kolab 3.1 Shared Mail Folder Delegate

Nathanael d. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Sep 30 14:23:01 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-30 at 10:57 +0200, "Saša Friedrich (BiTLAB)" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create "Shared Mail Folder" in Kolab 3.1. Here's what I did:
>
> 1. Add Shared Mail Folder via kolab-webadmin
>      folder name: test_share
>      email address: test_share at my-domain.com
>      Target IMAP Folder: shared/test_share at my-domain.com
>
> 2. After 1st step I could subscribe to that folder in my roundcube
> account, but I couldn't
>      sand any mails from other mail account (other domain, server). My
> mail was bounced
>      with error "550-You do not have permission to post a message to
> this mailbox". I found
>      a solution (thanks to this mailing list) adding permisions with:
>      kolab sam shared/test_share at my-domain.com anyone all
>      After that I can send to that email.
>
>      BTW: what does these permisions mean (lrswipkxtecda)?

You've given them too many privileges. What anyone all means that they
can list, read, post & delete manage everything about the shared folder.
http://oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html#98759 for a list of
cyrus folder permissions

What you want is to allow anyone to post to this.

kolab sam shared/test_share at my-domain.com anyone p

> 3. Now I'd like to be able to send mail from my account as
> test_share at my-domain.com.
>      I added my account to delegate in kolab-webadmin on that shared
> mail folder, logged out
>      and logged in to my roundcube, but in my identities I can not
> choose this shared email as
>      my email for outgoing mail.
>
>      What am I doing wrong?

You have to manually create this identity. You also have to provide that
user with the delegate option in kolab-webadmin I think.

--
Nathanael