mykolab for the European free software activists

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas at pettiaux.be
Sat Sep 14 14:41:11 CEST 2013

Dear all,

Today, many people (including me for part of my activities) use gmail or
similar tools for email, shared calendars and documentations. As far as I
see, most of theses functionnalities are available in kolab.

Amongst the users of gmail, are many Free software activists or at least
knowledgeable people who would switch to another solution, more respectuous
of their privacy, if it would be 1/ available, 2/ easy, 3/ not expensive.

I think that there is something that we must and could do, and that mykolab
can help.

How much would it cost per year to propose to the members of theses free
software NGO (I think to FSFE, April, Aful, Ansoli, Vrijschrft, the
numerous LUGs ... ) ?

Would kolabsys be interested in hosting and providing the service ?

Would FSFE be interested ? How could I contact the other FS activists to
gauge their interests ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

--