webadmin initial setup

lifesfun at cleverfolk.com lifesfun at cleverfolk.com
Tue Sep 17 14:18:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

Just in case anyone else had similar login issues to

127.0.0.1/webadmin-kolab

Did a completely fresh install with my RDNS pointing to
servername.mydomain.com and hostname setup as the same.

Then was able to navigate to servername.mydomain.com/kolab-webadmin

and login was cn=directory manager and the password I supplied during the
setup-kolab of a native install of Kolab 3.0 on Centos 6.4

As only the change on this installation of Kolab from afresh OS was that I
did not install Gnome/XRPD after initial install and setup seems that part
of Gnome/XRPD setup or reboot of server causes the authentication to fail
at 127.0.0.1. Looking through historical group records, I think this may
be a LDAP related issue.