No mailbox created...

Christian Hügel christian.huegel at stonebyte.de
Tue Oct 29 11:06:30 CET 2013

Am 29-10-2013 03:31, schrieb Christian Tardif:
> Hi,
>
> I'm actually set up with Kolab 3.1 (nightly build from Oct 22) and
> just completed installation with setup-kolab script. Left all proposed
> passwords in place, only changed the proposed domain to something
> else. Then, I followed instructions for Multi Domains. All done
> without apparent problems.
>
> I logged on the kolab Web Admin interface to create my first user....
> then waited, and waited...  until I went to pykolab.log to find out
> that the script wasn't able to connect to Cyrus IMAP server (Port 993
> is available). Then I checked in the maillog log to find out that TLS
> wasn't setup properly.  In fact, there's nothing at all in the
> /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd directory. So it looks that the certificate setup
> did not complete.
>
> What can I do, now?
>
> My installation is on a stock CentOS 6.4. I didn't see any particular
> issue at install time. But something indeed went wrong...
>
> Christian...

Yes, for some reason no certificates are generated when running
setup-kolab.
It would be nice if the install script also generates some self signed
certs.
For now, you have to generate your certificate after the installation.
There are
planty of tutorials how to do that (here´s one in german but you know
the drill http://www.gtkdb.de/index_33_725.html)

Chris