kolab metadata

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Tue Jan 15 22:19:58 CET 2013

Hi

I was considering using dovecot with kolab, and was wondering what the status
of which IMAP metadata standard works. (The dovecot plugin can support
either).

The kdepimlibs kimap library seems to have support for the newer metadata RFC
in addition to the older annotatemore.

See the conditional at:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdepimlibs/repository/entry/kimap/getmetadatajob.cpp?rev=v4.9.97#L58

I'm not sure what the status is in the rest of kolab.

I'm also don't understand what the metadata does, korganizer seems to be able
to work with dovecot to store calendar and task items without any working
metadata plugin enabled.

All I found about the annotations so far was a list of annotations in setup-
kolab that gets added to cyrus imap /etc/imapd.annotations.conf file

/vendor/horde/share-params
/vendor/kolab/color
/vendor/kolab/folder-test
/vendor/kolab/folder-type