kolab metadata

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Tue Jan 15 22:30:26 CET 2013

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 01:19:58 PM Diane Trout wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was considering using dovecot with kolab, and was wondering what the
> status of which IMAP metadata standard works. (The dovecot plugin can
> support either).

The metadata add some information to folders ( e.g " Contacts folder") , so I
think dovecot don't have to interpret annotations, anyway I can ensure you
it's work. The IMAP client will interpret data.

I compiled dovecot with metadata support for slackware, you can read on
planetkolab my notes.  If I miss something, you can ask.
You probably will loose the chance to manage imap server from kolab-webadmin.

> The kdepimlibs kimap library seems to have support for the newer metadata
> RFC in addition to the older annotatemore.
>
> See the conditional at:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdepimlibs/repository/entry/kimap/getm
> etadatajob.cpp?rev=v4.9.97#L58
>
> I'm not sure what the status is in the rest of kolab.
>
> I'm also don't understand what the metadata does, korganizer seems to be
> able to work with dovecot to store calendar and task items without any
> working metadata plugin enabled.
>
> All I found about the annotations so far was a list of annotations in setup-
> kolab that gets added to cyrus imap /etc/imapd.annotations.conf file
>
> /vendor/horde/share-params
> /vendor/kolab/color
> /vendor/kolab/folder-test
> /vendor/kolab/folder-type