ActiveSync credential separation and disabled users

Axel ar at xlrs.de
Sat Feb 9 23:00:11 CET 2013

Hi Jeroen,

thanks for your answer.

> It's one of those things that, outside of advantages and disadvantages,
> is definitely subject to organization and deployment (use-case) specific
> requirements, the different technologies and their implementations
> administrators have positive or negative experiences with, if any at
> all, as sometimes the choice for a particular implementation is also
> *because* of the lack of experience with an alternative option.

You're right that the setup depends on the use-case and what needs to be achieved with it.
As I gave no information's about my needs it is not possible to talk about any (dis)-advantages.

For now I just want to use Kolab for synchronizing private emails and calendars on various devices for max 5 users. Calendar sharing would be nice but that's optional.

At the moment I use tine20 for synchronizing calendars and contacts and roundcube as webmailer. I like the interface of round cube much more than tine and it would be great to get rid of 2 different interfaces.

At work I have to administer some apache with nginx as reverse proxy. I chose this setup for my private server, too. That lead to the idea of using nginx as SMTP and imap proxy, too

> All in all, the Kolab Groupware solution is *the* perfect solution to
> fit in precisely with the requirements you have at your home, or within
> your SOHO, SME, LE, hosted business or holding company, as it is
First I thought Kolab might be too "big" for my needs but that sounds good.

Regards, Axel