ActiveSync credential separation and disabled users

onno.hensgen at aquaduna.com onno.hensgen at aquaduna.com
Tue Feb 12 16:05:54 CET 2013

> I made a fresh install of kolab since I checked ActiveSync the last time and
> with my new system, it doesn't seem to work out of the box (with debian, it
> did somehow) - and especially I can not find any logfiles (even after adding
> activesync_debug to main.inc.php). I left the whole activeSync/roundcube stuff
> untouched and imap is working properly. Where can I look for logs or
> something?
> When I try to access ActiveSync with a browser, I get the basic login screen,
> but credentials are never accepted.

Ok, logging actually does work, but it never gets to the point where something
would be logged.
I added some more debug messages and found the place, where it goes wrong:

In .../kolab-syncroton/lib/plugins/kolab_auth.php the authenticate(...) function
fails. The function init_ldap() gives an error, because kolab_auth_addressbook
seems to be empty. The config is set in kolab_auth.inc.php. The main.inc.php has
no include for the kolab_auth.php.inc, but I guess that is resolved through some
plugin mechanism? Or is that a bug? I reverted all my config files back to the
ones from a clean install.

Kind regards,
Onno