Domain aliases using hosted domains

Manel Gimeno Zaragozá magiza83 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 3 18:13:50 CEST 2013

Hello,

I've been searching for some solutions and I've see the following blog:

http://www.tbits.net/tbits-opensource/kolab3multipledomains.html

and it refers to a dev kolab list entry:

http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2013-April/014274.html

But it not solve my problem, It look like some of you are already working on it, but if someone could please provide some light about it, because I'm really stuck on this.

Anyway, I've been thinking about a solution but I'm not sure if it's elegant,

    - Generate a new "ou" inside management domain called "aliases" and then create a branch for each domain and inside an object for each user and inside only the attributes mail and alias. It force me to setup something that create this objects
        each time a user is created. Also it has the problem that some info of each user is duplicated (one time in management branch and another in its own domain branch).
        it would look like:
            dc=kolab,dc=ddol,dc=es
                ou=aliases
                    ou=kolab.test.es
                        uid=user.uno
                            mail=user.uno at kolab.test.es
                            alias=user.uno at kolabalias1.test.es
                            alias=user.uno at kolabalias2.test.es
                        uid=user.tres
                            mail=user.tres at kolab.test.es
                            alias=user.tres at kolabalias1.test.es
                            alias=user.tres at kolabalias2.test.es
                    ou=kolabdos.test.es
                        uid=user.dos
                            mail=user.dos at kolabdos.test.es
                            alias=user.dos at kolabdosalias1.test.es
                            alias=user.dos at kolabdosalias2.test.es
                        uid=user.cuatro
                            mail=user.cuatro at kolabdos.test.es
                            alias=user.cuatro at kolabdosalias1.test.es
                            alias=user.cuatro at kolabdosalias2.test.es
        so then, the virtual_alias_maps.cf just must search in the "base_dn = ou=aliases,dc=kolab,dc=ddol,dc=es" for the alias domain
            #  cat virtual_alias_maps.cf
                server_host = localhost
                server_port = 389
                version = 3
                search_base = base_dn = ou=aliases,dc=kolab,dc=ddol,dc=es
                scope = sub
                domain = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf
                bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=kolab,dc=ddol,dc=es
                bind_pw = datadec
                query_filter = (|(mail=%s)(alias=%s))
                result_attribute = mail

What do you think? am I getting something wrong? please let me know if i've misunderstood something. Before start to modify/create schemas in LDAP, I prefer your opinion.

Thanks & Regards.

Manel

Manel