Domain aliases using hosted domains

Manel Gimeno Zaragozá magiza83 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 3 11:34:32 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm getting problems to setup domain aliases for hosted domains, what I've done is:

- domain manage tab, create a new domain name below the main one (admin web):
    Management domain
        kolab.test.es
        kolabtres.test.es

    Hosted domain
        kolabdos.test.es
        kolabcuatro.test.es

- Now I have the following data in LDAP
    cn=kolab,cn=config
        associateddomain=kolab.test.es,cn=test,cn=config
            associatedDomain kolab.test.es
            associatedDomain kolabtres.test.es
        associateddomain=kolabdos.test.es,cn=test,cn=config
            associatedDomain kolabdos.test.es
            associatedDomain kolabcuatro.test.es

- Now I've setup an alias for a user like:
    alias u.uno at kolabtres.test.es

But if i send an email to u.uno at kolabtres.test.es postfix return me that user unknown. I've check the ldap lookup tables for postfix and I think the problem is in the base_dn, I've have it setup like:
    # cat mydestination.cf
        server_host = localhost
        server_port = 389
        version = 3
        search_base = cn=kolab,cn=config
        scope = sub

        bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=kolab,dc=test,dc=es
        bind_pw = ******

        query_filter = (&(associatedDomain=%s))
        result_attribute = associateddomain

    # postmap -q kolabtres.test.es ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf
        kolab.test.es,kolabtres.test.es

    But when I've try to search in virtual_alias_maps or local_recipients_maps I've no exit:
    # cat virtual_alias_maps.cf
        server_host = localhost
        server_port = 389
        version = 3
        search_base = dc=%3,dc=%2,dc=%1
        scope = sub

        domain = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf

        bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=kolab,dc=test,dc=es
        bind_pw = *****

        query_filter = (&(|(mail=%s)(alias=%s))(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson))
        result_attribute = mail

    # cat local_recipient_maps.cf
        server_host = localhost
        server_port = 389
        version = 3
        search_base = dc=%3,dc=%2,dc=%1
        scope = sub

        domain = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf

        bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=kolab,dc=test,dc=es
        bind_pw = *****

        query_filter = (&(|(mail=%s)(alias=%s))(|(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)(|(objectclass=kolabgroupofuniquenames)(objectclass=kolabgroupofurls))(|(|(objectclass=groupofuniquenames)(objectclass=groupofurls))(objectclass=kolabsharedfolder))))
        result_attribute = mail

    # postmap -q u.uno at kolabtres.test.es ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf
    # (no exit)

It looks like virtual_alias_maps.cf tries to search in "search_base = dc=%3,dc=%2,dc=%1", in my case it is translated to "search_base = dc=kolabtres,dc=test,dc=es", which do not exits.
Which configuration should I have to make this work?

Thanks & Regards.

Manel