Question about connecting iOS to Kolab 3.0

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Oct 6 16:41:02 CEST 2012

On Saturday, October 06, 2012 04:22:31 PM Dirk Werner wrote:
> as far is I am informed, there is no work on Outlook connectors under
> progress.

For what it's worth, Kolab Systems is looking at providing native (E)MAPI
protocol access on the server, through OpenChange[1].

This is a difficult and therefore lengthy development process, however, and we
have no prediction on when something tangeable might become available.

The first Outlook client that would be compatible would be 2013, and it would
be over the ActiveSync protocol.

Please do note though, that while Kolab Systems is undertaking the OpenChange
development effort, I suspect fixes for Outlook 2013 specific issues with
ActiveSync will largely need to be contributed by the community[2], or funded
through customer support issues.

As such, we'd greatly appreciate the community to test and report issues with
Outlook 2013 on ActiveSync, and would encourage the community to work on fixes
as well.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://www.openchange.org