kolab3 "add domain" error in kolab-webadmin

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Nov 29 00:46:21 CET 2012

On 2012-11-28 22:29, Mat Cantin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have 2 Kolab 3 development systems I've been keeping up to date and
> noticed that an update withing the last week has broken the
> kolab-webadmin's ability to add new domains. Is this an intentional
> regression?
>
> The two systems affected are running CentOS 6.3 with all the latest
> updates for the OS and Kolab 3.
>
> Here's the error from the logs when I try to add a domain:
>
> [28-Nov-2012 22:17:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
> count() on a non-object in /usr/share/kolab-webadmin/lib/Auth/LDAP.php
> on line 142

It's been an oversight - I've fixed it in;

   [master ed1be93] Correct handling the return value of
Auth::LDAP::domain_info(), that can also be false

or:

http://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/commit/?id=ed1be936486331effe7969b5d1a47cf5262815a1

It'll be included in kolab-webadmin-3.0.4.

> Also, this might be related, I also noticed in the pykolab.log that
> every time I restart the kolabd service this line comes up:
>
> 2012-11-28 14:15:34,361 pykolab.conf WARNING Option
> imap/virtual_domains
> does not exist in config file /etc/kolab/kolab.conf, pulling from
> defaults

This is a log-message you can ignore, as it is not fatal.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG