Kolab on powerpc

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Wed Aug 15 10:25:28 CEST 2012

Am Di, 14.08.2012, 23:50 schrieb Paul Klos:

> Yeah, well, I don't really want to. Especially the roundcube sounds
> interesting. Current Horde doesn'perform at all, so maybe with Roundcube
> the
> web interface might actually get usable.

I'm running squirrelmail for an email-only web interface. It's easy to
install (connects to cyrus via imap), fast and usable without javascript.

Or you can install roundcube with any Kolab pre 2.4. It's the default web
interface with 2.4 but it doesn't need to have 2.4.

> Also, for example, I'm currently
> running 2 apaches because of the openpkg setup, which I'm less than happy
> about.

I didn't like those OpenPKG in the past so I installed debian squeeze
native packages from the beginning. Pro: It's easy to set up, integrates
into the system and runs fine and there are MIPS Binaries (PowerPC as
well). Contra: It's still Version 2.2. (nothing you want to have now).

> [...] Should be possible because at some point in
> the
> past I've had a mixed environment of x32 and amd64 (they're all amd64 now)
> which cross-compiled just fine.

I did AMD64->MIPS some time ago. It works, there are plenty of howtos out
there. I'm pretty sure AMD64->PowerPC neither is a problem.

> Well, I'll have another think about it and let you guys know how it turns
> out.

I'm thinking about using the Debian development tree at
mirror.kolabsys.com. Someone has to start using it to get it stable ;-).
Maybe later in the summer... it's warm here in the northern hemisphere now
and my little MIPS is passively cooled and there are no binary packages.

regards
hede