Kolab on powerpc

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Wed Aug 15 09:56:20 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 14 August 2012 23:50:06 Paul Klos wrote:
> > gentoo would be an alternative for me. distcc is included and very easy
> > to use. It's not a full crosscompiling, but it's faster using a big x86
> > for the compiling task. But kolab/gentoo is also outdated.
>
> Correct. I have 2 Gentoo boxes (one is a laptop) and one Kubuntu that also
> has  distcc installed, so I have the distributed setup already.

One possible solution would also be to package recent Kolab for Gentoo or
Debian. We would of course support any packaging efforts. For Gentoo a tiny
beginning has been made: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-libs/libkolab

And Debian packaging is also on the horizon:
http://kolab.org/blog/vanmeeuwen/2012/06/06/working-debian-packaging

If you could help out with packaging or know any packagers, please let me
know!

Kind Regards,
Torsten

--