kolab with multiple domains

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Tue Mar 2 19:33:56 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> It would be really nice if, when you add extra mail domains to kolab, it
> had a standard way to configure certificates for that extra domain.

My first guess is that to achieve this I should:

1. Set up an IP Address on the server for each domain and DNS to match.

2. Add a line for each extra domain like:
	imaps cmd="imapd -s -C /kolab/etc/imapd/imapd-$DOMAIN.conf" listen="mail.$DOMAIN:993" prefork=0
	pop3s cmd="pop3d -s -C /kolab/etc/imapd/imapd-$DOMAIN.conf" listen="mail.$DOMAIN:995" prefork=0

3. Create /kolab/etc/imapd/imapd-$DOMAIN.conf with an include of imap.conf and
   extra lines below to overrides the servername and tls_XXX_file entries to
   point to matching cert.

4. Set up an IP-based vhost in Apache for each webmail.$DOMAIN and give each a
   matching servername and SSL certs.

Has anyone done this?  Can you leave everything else in imapd-$DOMAIN.conf
the same or will that cause trouble?

Is a future upgrade like to overwrite and nastily break this?

Gavin