What does kolabfilter do with Outlook iCal messages?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jun 11 20:23:05 CEST 2010

Quoting Diego Woitasen <diegows at xtech.com.ar>:

> I read the code quickly as I understood Kolabfilter changes the
> inline Outlook ICal messages and put then attached to the email
> message.

Correct, that is the default setting.

> I have some problems with Outlook 2000 (with Toltec) because it
> doesn't understand the invitation or replies that come from an
> Exchange Server 2000 (with Outlook 2000 users). Outlook 2000 with
> Kolab only accepts iCal messages inline but the messages from
> Exchange have the iCal as an attach.

Sounds strange but I admit I don't know Outlook very well. Does the
Exchange server rewrite the mails, too? Or does Outlook connected to
an Exchange really send the mails in a different format?

> I don't know if I have to enable allow_outlook_ical_forward, it's
> not very clear what that option do.

If the invitations already have the text/calendar part as attachment
than that option won't do anything. Deactivating the option will mean
you deactivate the rewriting from inline to attachment. But once your
mail contains more than one part it will not be touched anyway.

So if I understand the scenario you describe correctly then this
setting should have no effect for you.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
____ http://www.pardus.de[1] _________________
http://gunnarwrobel.de[2] _

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg

Links:
------
[1] http://www.pardus.de
[2] http://gunnarwrobel.de