SOLVED: More build problems

Allen Winter allen at kdab.com
Wed Apr 28 15:36:55 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010 8:39:27 am ITSEF Admin wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2010 00:28:18 Allen Winter wrote:
> > You are sure of the following:
> > - you are using autoconf 2.59
> > - you are using automake 1.9
> > - you have export AUTOCONF=autoconf2.59
>
> Installing the Kubuntu package for automake2.59 and exporting the AUTOCONF
> variable as described above solved this for the manual build (I already had
> automake-1.9). Now all I have to figure out is where/how to fit this into the
> deb package build process. Thanks for the hint!

Nice!

> [...]
> > - you are building in a separate build dir from the source dir
> [...]
>
> Hm - what do you mean by this? Never had to do anything like that so far...

I always create a separate place to do the builds that so the created files
don't clutter up the source tree.  but you shouldn't have to do that.
It was just a wild-ass-guess for something you might try.

glad you are having success now.

-Allen

--
Allen Winter | allen at kdab.com | Software Engineer