ldap questions.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Wed May 20 13:50:24 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 03:21:59 am Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > Any chance one can put multiple servers for ldap_uri   in kolab.conf
> >
> > For example in my current mail servers saslauthd.conf have:
> > ldap_servers: ldapi:///var/run/ldapi ldaps://fonldap.advocap.org
> > ldaps://mstldap
> > .advocap.org
> > Sure that wrapped but have 3 servers.
> > Everywere else I use ldap do the same.
> >
> > The neat thing  is if any go down for any reason ldap service is not
> > lost. For example while I working on the editing the schema on the
> > current mail server    the ldap server failed a couple of times but I
> > never lost ldap service.
> >
> > Suppose I could try it and see what happens.
>
> The chance is small I would guess as this is needed at a few code places
> and I am unsure if they all support a list of servers. You would need to
> try and check.
I tried it.

Just one error:
 /kolab/sbin/kolabconf
OpenPKG: stop: sasl.
Syntax error on line 198 of /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf:
Invalid LDAP connection mode setting: must be one of NONE, SSL, or
TLS/STARTTLS
postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix mail system
OpenPKG: restart: imapd.

line is
AuthLDAPURL ldap://127.0.0.1 ldaps::389/dc=advocap,dc=org?mail

Oh well it was worth a try :-)

John