ldap questions.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 20 10:21:59 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009 22:55:58 schrieb John McMonagle:
> Really the only merge question is this really needed in slapd.conf?
> allow           bind_v2
> It seems to run fine without it.

The manpage says:
     bind_v2  allows  acceptance  of  LDAPv2  bind requests.

I do not remember any case where this is necessary, so if you do not have any
problems with it, I guess it can be removed. However testing has been done
with this setting.

> Any chance one can put multiple servers for ldap_uri   in kolab.conf
>
> For example in my current mail servers saslauthd.conf have:
> ldap_servers: ldapi:///var/run/ldapi ldaps://fonldap.advocap.org
> ldaps://mstldap
> .advocap.org
> Sure that wrapped but have 3 servers.
> Everywere else I use ldap do the same.
>
> The neat thing  is if any go down for any reason ldap service is not lost.
> For example while I working on the editing the schema on the current mail
> server    the ldap server failed a couple of times but I never lost ldap
> service.
>
> Suppose I could try it and see what happens.

The chance is small I would guess as this is needed at a few code places and I
am unsure if they all support a list of servers. You would need to try and
check.