ldap questions.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Wed May 20 15:24:13 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 06:50:24 am John McMonagle wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009 03:21:59 am Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > > Any chance one can put multiple servers for ldap_uri   in kolab.conf
> > >
> > > For example in my current mail servers saslauthd.conf have:
> > > ldap_servers: ldapi:///var/run/ldapi ldaps://fonldap.advocap.org
> > > ldaps://mstldap
> > > .advocap.org
> > > Sure that wrapped but have 3 servers.
> > > Everywere else I use ldap do the same.
> > >
> > > The neat thing  is if any go down for any reason ldap service is not
> > > lost. For example while I working on the editing the schema on the
> > > current mail server    the ldap server failed a couple of times but I
> > > never lost ldap service.
> > >
> > > Suppose I could try it and see what happens.
> >
> > The chance is small I would guess as this is needed at a few code places
> > and I am unsure if they all support a list of servers. You would need to
> > try and check.
>
> I tried it.
>
> Just one error:
>  /kolab/sbin/kolabconf
> OpenPKG: stop: sasl.
> Syntax error on line 198 of /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf:
> Invalid LDAP connection mode setting: must be one of NONE, SSL, or
> TLS/STARTTLS
> postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix mail system
> OpenPKG: restart: imapd.
>
> line is
> AuthLDAPURL ldap://127.0.0.1 ldaps::389/dc=advocap,dc=org?mail

Need to read what I post :-)
Looks like kolabconf  messed up the second url.

I did a second try
in kolab.conf
ldap_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389 ldaps://mstldap.advocap.org:636

gives in apache.conf
AuthLDAPURL ldap://127.0.0.1 ldaps::389/dc=advocap,dc=org?mail

Should I do a bug report?

I just looked up the documeation at

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html#authldapurl

An example
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap1.airius.com ldap2.airius.com/ou=People, o=Airius"
Says it can take multiple servers.

John