Horde and Kolab on Suse

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu May 7 21:43:23 CEST 2009

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Op dinsdag 05 mei 2009 10:49:54 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
>> I am little bit confused by the packages and their dependencies for
>> Horde together with Kolab 2.2.1 on my Suse (10.3) system. If I see
>> this correct the "kolab-webclient" contains a complete Horde
>> installation customized for Kolab. But the repository also contains a
>> plain Horde installation. The strange thing is that some of the Kolab
>> packages (e.g. filter or freebusy) depend on the Horde package so I
>> also have to install this. But why? Isn't the kolab webclient enough?
>
> That's indeed the way it is.  Kolab itself depends on the packages in
> /usr/share/php5/Horde and the webclient in /srv/www/htdocs/Horde.  That is
> because the way packaging horde has been setup.  We have to live with and the
> kolab developers and packagers have to deal with.  This is valid for horde3,
> horde4 that is being developed, will have better packaging support.
> This is as far as I understand it, Alar, Gunnar, anybody else correct me if
> I'm wrong.

Yes, Horde 4 will be PEAR packages only. This means that you have most
of the code in standard library locations (/usr/share/php or something
like that) and probably not much more than a handfull of PHP scripts
in the actual web area.

I recently packaged Koward this way and it worked great. Actually
there is only one PHP file left in the document root
(http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/koward/www/htdocs/koward/koward.php?rt=horde-hatchery&r=52e4832afedf0222dec06bf659d777ca49e9a8d1). All other stuff is static (css,
images).

Cheers,

Gunnar