Horde and Kolab on Suse

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue May 5 22:35:07 CEST 2009

Hi Carsten,

Op dinsdag 05 mei 2009 10:49:54 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> I am little bit confused by the packages and their dependencies for
> Horde together with Kolab 2.2.1 on my Suse (10.3) system. If I see
> this correct the "kolab-webclient" contains a complete Horde
> installation customized for Kolab. But the repository also contains a
> plain Horde installation. The strange thing is that some of the Kolab
> packages (e.g. filter or freebusy) depend on the Horde package so I
> also have to install this. But why? Isn't the kolab webclient enough?

That's indeed the way it is.  Kolab itself depends on the packages in
/usr/share/php5/Horde and the webclient in /srv/www/htdocs/Horde.  That is
because the way packaging horde has been setup.  We have to live with and the
kolab developers and packagers have to deal with.  This is valid for horde3,
horde4 that is being developed, will have better packaging support.
This is as far as I understand it, Alar, Gunnar, anybody else correct me if
I'm wrong.

--
Richard