Kolab authenticating through Active Directory (Windows AD)

Lucas Hendricks LHendricks at austinent.com
Thu May 7 20:03:54 CEST 2009

I have been digging around for the next step in integrating our network with
Kolab which would be to have Kolab authenticate against our windows domain.
I have been digging in the wiki and around the web, but this is the closest
thing I've found from the list in 2004:

http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2004-April/000081.html

Given how old that message is, I was wondering if this has been
sophisticated since then, or if it's even still valid in Kolab 2.2.1.  It
was considered experimental and undocumented in April 2004.

I'll be glad to make a wiki page for it once I find out how to do it.  I'm
sure I can one way or another.  I don't necessarily need Kolab to
automatically create mailboxes, I just want it to authenticate the password
against the AD which seems like it should not be too complicated (it might
even be as simple as changing the ldap servers in the sasl.conf.template to
point to an AD server?

Thanks,
Lucas