Vista and kolab 2.2.2

Doug Finch all4bg2006 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 15:29:27 CEST 2009

Sascha,

If you are experiencing crashing in Outlook with the Insight Connector and
without, it may be that you have an Outlook Add-in that is causing the
problem.  To troubleshoot this, disable all of the add-ins and restart
Outlook.  If it is stable, start adding them back, one at a time until you
figure out which one is causing the problem.

I would also HIGHLY recommend updating your windows operating system and
Outlook with Microsoft Update.  Often times, bugs are fixed simply from
doing an update.

Liutauras,

You have one user that is experiencing problems with XP/Outlook 2007
crashing.  What is unique about this user's environment?  You may not want
to give this information out in a forum.  If you would like to take this
offline, I would be happy to assist you.  I can be reached at my work email
address (dfinch at bynari.net).

The "Download Headers Only" option should be "enabled" when performing the
"initial synchronization" of Outlook.  After that initial synchronization is
complete, it can be turned off.  We have found that users with poor networks
and mobile users (laptop users) benefit from having "Download Headers Only"
turned off (disabled) also (after the initial synchronization).

Another setting you may want to look at is the "Timeout Setting" on the
"Connections" tab under the "Accounts" button on the Insight Connector
toolbar.  By default it is set for a LAN environment (set to "0").  If your
mail server is not a part of your LAN, then you can adjust this setting to a
value between "30" - "600" (seconds).  This setting essentially requests
that the server keep the connection open for the specified number of seconds
before timing out - thus closing the connection.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Doug