Migration from kolab 2.2.0 to 2.2.2 question

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Aug 17 08:19:46 CEST 2009

Hi Andrea:

Am Freitag 14 August 2009 17:54:14 schrieb Gelpi Andrea:
> 6. Before starting the LDAP server the database must be restored from
>     the ldif (with Horde preferences filtered out, since these are now
>     stored in files):
>
> I have some Horde preferences now in my 2.2.0.
>
> After the upgrade are these preferences lost or have I something to do?

Yes, in short, they will be lost completely.

I opened an issue for that [1], and I already wrote some code to extract the prefs from the 2.2.0 LDAP data base, but as I am not a php programmer, I have no idea how to push them into 2.2.2.  Some people promised to support me, but I never any feedback since then.

So, in short, if you already have a running 2.2.0 installation, this means that *all* users have to enter *all* prefs again, which IMHO is a blocker.  If you can improve the situation, this would really be welcome.

Unfortunately, 2.2.2 has more bugs, e.g. #3555 also seems to be a blocker to me, and there has not been any progress since ages.

Best, Albrecht.

[1] <https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3567>
[2] <https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3555>