Free/busy lists broken - HELP!

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 31 10:41:50 CET 2008

Hello Albrecht,

Albrecht Dreß schrieb:
> Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a HUGE problem with free/busy lists which unfortunately occurred
>> only after migrating to the new Kolab system...
>>
>> The problem is that I apparently can successfully trigger fb list
>> generation, but reading them always returns an empty list.  Here are
>> the details (huge, sorry):
you seem to have a similiar problem that I had as well a while ago. Did
you check the mailing list history for solutions?

> No idea if this gives further insight into the problem, but...
>
> I completely erased the contents of the fb cache folder by calling "rm
> -rf /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/*".
>
> Then I ran the trigger, which produced aclcache.db (db_dump reports it
> doesn't contain any data) and xaclcache.db (containing two entries
> "calendar at my-company.com" and "my-company^com/the^user/Kalender") in
> the cache folder, plus a folder structure like
> "my-company^com/the^user", containing three files of which
> Kalender.pvc contains (afaict) the proper data.
>
> When I then run the command to load the ifb, a new file
> "my-company^com/the^user.vc" is created, containing the empty fb list.
>
> This looks like the "transition" from the Kalender files to the vc
> file is somehow broken...
Hm, I think that was the solution for me. Even though I did had problems
to start the freebusy generation. One thing was to turn of unauthorized
freebusy list access (as stated in the wiki or mailing list posting).
The other thing was that a non-exisiting user account IMAP folder
stopped the "automatic" regeneration of the freebusy information. That
had something to do with delete "[UNSHARED]" folders that are created by
the Toltec Connector.

Cheers
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/