Integration of Kolab with Active Directory

Antony Raj antony.java at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 10:25:40 CEST 2008

Bernard,

Thanks for your response.

I tried searching to get a page that talks about Active Directory, I
couldn't find any.
Do I have access to that code, so that I can test it?

I understand that I will have to add Kolab specific attribute into Active
Directory, but I would like to know where all I would be expected to change
the configuration?
Am I expected to change the code for the same as well?

With Warm Regards
Antony Raj.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Bernhard Reiter <
bernhard.reiter at intevation.de> wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 October 2008 16:57, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > Quoting Antony Raj <antony.java at gmail.com>:
>
> > > Is there a documentation that states the integration of Kolab with
> > > Active Directory?
> > >
> > > If there is, please let me know about it?
> >
> > Hm, I personally don't know of such documents but as we have code
> > specific to AD there might be such a thing.
> >
> > Bernhard?
>
> I am not aware of such a document.
> Did you try searching the wiki and the mailing archives?
>
> The South African company Codefusion (which does not exist anymore for
> other
> reasons) did a couple of projects coupling AD and Kolab Server, that is
> were
> the source code came from, it probably needs a retest. There was a
> proprietary product claiming to couple Kolab Server and AD once, but I had
> no
> experience with it.
>
> At the core Active Directory is a directory server also offering LDAP.
> Kolab Server can be coupled with many directory servers that speak LDAP,
> you
> need to put in the additional attributes, make sure you get triggered on
> changes and decide which management interface to use. (That is the basic
> work-schedule for such a project.)
>
> Bernhard
>
> --
> Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net       (Free Software
> Company)
> Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
> Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
> Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

Regards
Antony Raj.