Integration of Kolab with Active Directory

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Oct 2 10:13:45 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 16:57, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Quoting Antony Raj <antony.java at gmail.com>:

> > Is there a documentation that states the integration of Kolab with
> > Active Directory?
> >
> > If there is, please let me know about it?
>
> Hm, I personally don't know of such documents but as we have code
> specific to AD there might be such a thing.
>
> Bernhard?

I am not aware of such a document.
Did you try searching the wiki and the mailing archives?

The South African company Codefusion (which does not exist anymore for other
reasons) did a couple of projects coupling AD and Kolab Server, that is were
the source code came from, it probably needs a retest. There was a
proprietary product claiming to couple Kolab Server and AD once, but I had no
experience with it.

At the core Active Directory is a directory server also offering LDAP.
Kolab Server can be coupled with many directory servers that speak LDAP, you
need to put in the additional attributes, make sure you get triggered on
changes and decide which management interface to use. (That is the basic
work-schedule for such a project.)

Bernhard