Problem migrating from kolab 2.1 to kolab 2.2

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Jul 31 16:11:39 CEST 2008

* Sylvain MEDEOT <symedeot at yahoo.fr> [20080731 15:54]:
> There is a change in the structure of the imap/spool folders :
>
> Structure with Kolab 2.1
> ========================
>
> |-- spool
> |   |-- domain
> |   |   `-- ville-pontoise.fr
> |   |       `-- user
> |   |           |-- auser1
> |   |           |   |-- 11.
> |   `-- stage.
>

> Structure with Kolab 2.2
> ========================
>
> |-- spool
> |   |-- domain
> |   |   `-- v
> |   |       `-- ville-pontoise.fr
> |   |           |-- a
> |   |           |   `-- user
> |   |           |       |-- auser1
> |   |           |       |   |-- 11.
> |   |           |       |-- auser2
> |   |           |       |   |-- 11.
>
> I had to rework reorganize through a batch process the data. Then, all
> seems to work normally.
> I noticed nothing about that in the upgrade procedure...

This probably is a server that got upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1, the
upgrade instructions for that include the following text:

| The default imapd configuration has been changed to enable the
| hashimapspool option.  This means that in 2.1 the default directory
| layout of the imapd spool (/kolab/var/imapd/spool/) is different from
| the one in 2.0.  When you upgrade from 2.0 it's best to keep using the
| old structure, so remove or comment out the line "hashimapspool: yes"
| in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template *before* running
| kolabconf.
|
| For new installations the new default setting is recommended because
| it's more efficient especially when you have many mailboxes.
|
| For some background information about this see the dicussion at
| https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1089

A python script to convert the old layout to the new one is on the CVS server:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/utils/admin/hash-imap-spool

> The second issue is linked to horde. When I access horde
> (https://fqdn/horde), I am not asked for authentification and I am
> logged as an administrator : many features are not configured...
>
> I tried to install kolab 2.2 without upgrading my previous installation
> and then it works fine : I can access horde in a normal way and all
> seems to work fine.

I can't reproduce this, even on an upgraded system.
You may want to remove cookies you have for the old server.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998