Horde 2.2 RC1 Errors

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 20 08:46:02 CET 2008

Hi Troy,

sorry for not answering earlier on your posts. I still had them marked
"TODO" because they seemed to be more complex issues :)

Troy Carpenter <troy at carpenter.cx> writes:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm still not having Horde work correctly for me.  I have outlined my problems
> earlier with php the segfault while trying to read an email message.
>
> Today I finally decided to try out the Calendar and Contact features in Horde.
>
> With no events and no contacts, the Calendar and Contact screens seem to work
> fine.   I created both an event and a contact via Kontact in the appropriate
> directories, synced the directories with the Kolab server, then went to
> Horde.
>
> The Calendar and Contact screens are blank.
>
> My PHP log shows the following log entries.  There are no apache error logs.
>
> [19-Feb-2008 15:32:49] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'DOMDocument' not found
> in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/DOM.php on line 108

You mentioned that you recompiled PHP and Apache yourself in order to
add some extensions. This error clearly indicates that you deactivated
some others.

In this case Horde tells you that it does not have the DOM extension
activated.

http://de2.php.net/manual/en/ref.dom.php

This is required for parsing XML and since Kolab relies on XML
attachments, it won't work.

> [19-Feb-2008 15:32:49] PHP Notice:  Unknown: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server
> advertised AUTH=PLAIN (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

This is okay even though I'd like to get rid of the notice. I just
didn't have the time yet to figure out what the best way of doing that
is. The underlying c-client library is basically unhappy with the way
the cyrus server is configured. But this is no real error, just a
nagging warning.

> That last error line showed up in an earlier report and Richard Bos wanted me
> to file a bug report on it, which I have yet to do.  Looks like I will file
> one now.
>
> The same two errors show up when I use either the Calendar or the Contacts.  I
> couldn't find any Horde logs, so I don't think it logging anything to give a
> better idea of what's happening.
>
> Any ideas?  Horde seems to work fine for me, as long as there are no calendar
> entries...and no contacts...and no email.  Other than that, I like it.

Does the segmentation fault still exist when viewing mails?

In any case I don't give you any guarantee that Horde will work for
you since you play around with PHP yourself. Horde is rather complex
and if you deviate from the standard server setup you are bound to
have problems :)

Cheers,

Gunnar