Horde 2.2 RC1 Errors

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Feb 20 14:14:02 CET 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 02:46:02 am Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Troy,
>
> sorry for not answering earlier on your posts. I still had them marked
> "TODO" because they seemed to be more complex issues :)
>
> Troy Carpenter <troy at carpenter.cx> writes:
> > My PHP log shows the following log entries.  There are no apache error
> > logs.
> >
> > [19-Feb-2008 15:32:49] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'DOMDocument' not found
> > in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/DOM.php on line 108
>
> You mentioned that you recompiled PHP and Apache yourself in order to
> add some extensions. This error clearly indicates that you deactivated
> some others.

Yes, I have enabled extra things (like mysql) so I can run my normal website
with it, but I don't remember deactivating anything.  I recompiled apache,
apache-php, and php.  I also tried to put the originals back on, but that
didn't work...I pretty sure I did something wrong there.

> In this case Horde tells you that it does not have the DOM extension
> activated.
>
> http://de2.php.net/manual/en/ref.dom.php
>
> This is required for parsing XML and since Kolab relies on XML
> attachments, it won't work.

I'll double check the config specs on the packages to be sure I didn't disable
it.

> > [19-Feb-2008 15:32:49] PHP Notice:  Unknown: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure
> > server advertised AUTH=PLAIN (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0
>
> This is okay even though I'd like to get rid of the notice. I just
> didn't have the time yet to figure out what the best way of doing that
> is. The underlying c-client library is basically unhappy with the way
> the cyrus server is configured. But this is no real error, just a
> nagging warning.

Ok, ignoring.

> > That last error line showed up in an earlier report and Richard Bos
> > wanted me to file a bug report on it, which I have yet to do.  Looks like
> > I will file one now.
> >
> > The same two errors show up when I use either the Calendar or the
> > Contacts.  I couldn't find any Horde logs, so I don't think it logging
> > anything to give a better idea of what's happening.
> >
> > Any ideas?  Horde seems to work fine for me, as long as there are no
> > calendar entries...and no contacts...and no email.  Other than that, I
> > like it.
>
> Does the segmentation fault still exist when viewing mails?
>
> In any case I don't give you any guarantee that Horde will work for
> you since you play around with PHP yourself. Horde is rather complex
> and if you deviate from the standard server setup you are bound to
> have problems :)

Yes the segfault still occurs, but not on every email...just most of them.  I
know it's in php.  I've used strace on php when it happens, but looking
through I didn't see anything useful...but then again, I don't know what
should be happening at the time.

I tried to put the original rpms back on the system, but it complained about
that, so wasn't able to see if the error occurs on stock RPMs.  I will try
again to get the originals back on the system to see if it happens.

Troy