Sender quota

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:16:03 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Volker Stoppe <Grenzlaeufer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I am not quit sure, if I had asked the question before. At least I
> couldn´t find a mail in my sent box. Has anyone tried before to implement
> on his own hands a sender quota? It is sub optimal in my eyes to send back
> received mails, because the quota limit of a user is reached. It would be
> far better to disallow sending mails, if the quota is reached. I know that
> this feature is not implementd in Kolab, but maybe someone has scripted a
> solution on his own and could send a howto.

Someone already asked something like that some day ago.

You can write a postfix policy that will return a 45x or 55x code when
the recipient mailbox is full.
This can be easily  added to the smtpd_recipient_restrictions postfix option
Your policy script must take care of aliases too and to resolve the
recipient mailbox
by querying  the ldap DB and finally check the quota usage of the
recipient mailbox
before to return the SMTP code.

> Greetinx
>
> Volker