kolab2 on 64bit machine

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 5 11:40:44 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 11:53, Liutauras Adomaitis wrote:
> I'm trying to start kolab on my amd64 machine with Mandriva2007

Kolab Server 2.2.0beta1 I assume ...

> I installed openpkg as described in kolab installation readme, then I
> run /kolab/etc/kolab_bootstrap -b I get an error, that openldap could not
> be conntacted, this is on the line which is:
> /kolab/libexec/openldap/slapd 7 -h
> ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ -f /kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -u kolab -g kolab
>
> Running it with -d 7, gives me the following among other output:
> architecture lacks fast mutexes: applications cannot be threaded
> bdb_db_open: Database cannot be opened, err 22. Restore from backup!
>
> On the google I found
> http://marc.info/?l=kolab-users&m=117347253612697&w=2
>
> which says:
> > What I make out of your post is that there are two packages that need
> > different flags:
> > - gcc (with --disable-multilib)
> > - openldap (with --with-threads)
> > - db4 (with --with-threads)
> >
> > Now, where do you added this options? Did you unpacked the .src.rpm
> > files, modify the .specs file and the repacked it? In order to run
> > obmtool? Or is there an easier way to do this?

Last time I did it manual with openpkg rpm ...
unpacked the src, and rebuild the package.

I also suggest to disable optimisations, I had problems
on a powerpc platform once, where disabling the optimisations for db4
helped to get it stable.

> I followed http://www.openpkg.org/documentation/quickref/openpkg-usr.php
> link about repackaging these packages, but it was first time I did it, so
> I'm not sure about that.
> I got new rpms in the /kolab/RPM/ folder, and installed those 3 packages
> with command
> /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -ihv --nodeps --force package-name
>
> but no luck, still the same problem
>
> Does anybody has any Idea what is wrong?

OpenPKG bind statically, so you need to relink the packages that in include.
Specifically you must have db4 done before rebuilding openldap.

Bernhard