Spamassassin duplication error

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Oct 4 19:46:08 CEST 2007

* James Hughes <webmaster at wessex.ac.uk> [20071003 16:52]:
> I have a funny error with my Kolab setup, I have followed the wiki guide
> regarding spam and have got it to send it all to a group mail folder (called
> spambox) and then setup the 2 learning folders as well for spam and ham and
> that's all good. The problem is that when it detects spam its supposed to
> send it to the spam box only but instead the user gets the message delivered
> to their account notifying them of spam (not sure if this is because I am the
> only user testing it and I am an admin, maybe its a system notification of
> spam) as well as it going to the spam box.
>
> The result is that I still get all the spam that has been filtered (all be it
> with the word spam in the subject).
>
> So is there a setting wrong here and if so which one or is this just because I
> am an admin that I am notified of spam messages?

The default values for amavis spam action are in the middle between
"remove this spam" and "but the user should have a chance to see
it".

In /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/amavisd.conf.template change the value
for $final_spam_destiny from D_PASS to D_DISCARD, then the mails
will only be sent to the quarantine.

Alternatively use "$sa_kill_level_deflt = 999.0;" instead of
"$sa_kill_level_deflt = $sa_tag2_level_deflt;" to never copy spam
mails to the quarantine. In this case you probably want to keep
D_PASS.

I think the later should become the default for Kolab 2.2.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998