Changing manager password dos't work

Daniel Vergien daniel.vergien at rrz.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Mar 23 13:31:07 CET 2007

Hi List,

>>>I got a problem changing the manager password for kolab. I use
>>>/kolab/bin/kolabpasswd, enter the old password, enter to times the new
>>>one, the output is "Password changed successfully, please be patient..."
>>>and the program terminates without error messages, but the password is
>>>not changed.
>>>

>>check the contents of /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf,
>>it should have the new password. Also the hash found there
>>should be in /kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf entry rootpw.
>>

>I reinstalled kolab, because I was thought I may be messed somethink
>trying around. After that changeing the password worked one time. The
>"plase be patient" message took long time there. But changeing the
>password a second time did not work. In kolab.conf the password and the
>hash are changeing, but not in slapd.conf.

It seems the problem ist somewhere in /kolab/sbin/kolabconf, because
when I try to run it manualy I get the folowing messages:

Can't call method "attributes" on an undefined value at
/kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Kolab.pm line 195.
Compilation failed in require at /kolab/sbin/kolabconf line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /kolab/sbin/kolabconf line 34.

What I wonder about is, that runing kolabconf -n direct after the
installaton worked.

Greetings

Daniel