Changing manager password dos't work

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Mar 30 09:07:54 CEST 2007

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Vergien <daniel.vergien at rrz.uni-hamburg.de> writes:

> It seems the problem ist somewhere in /kolab/sbin/kolabconf, because
> when I try to run it manualy I get the folowing messages:
>
> Can't call method "attributes" on an undefined value at
> /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Kolab.pm line 195.
> Compilation failed in require at /kolab/sbin/kolabconf line 34.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /kolab/sbin/kolabconf line 34.

at this position Kolab is loading its configuration from LDAP. It
actually loads the k=kolab object here. The error you see might
actually indicate that this object is missing. I am not absolutely
certain that this is correct, but you should be able to see if the
object exists in your tree or not by using slapcat, ldapsearch or the
graphical frontend luma.

> What I wonder about is, that runing kolabconf -n direct after the
> installaton worked.

This would probably mean that the k=kolab object disappeared somewhere
in between.

I am actually slightly worried that this might have happened since I
had one test server this week with exactly this type of
problem. Loosing the k=kolab object is rather critical since it kills
the server configuration.

So if there is any weird possibility to delete the object we'd
definitely need to fix that. If have further information on the
issue your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Gunnar