Multiple copies of mail in kolab2.1 latest release

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:59:00 CEST 2007

Yes this is a know issue.
You must ask people to send you only one copy at a time and not use
multiple FROM or CC fields because of your broken email system.
Hope you have some humour :-)

More Seriously :

First you have to understand where the duplicationS append !
You send an email to 3 persons then the email should be duplicated 3 times.
But you get 9, 3 emails in each mailbox (if i understand ).
The last fetchail with the * is one !
Where is the second one ?
Do your ISP already do the job (and insert a Delivered-To or X-Original-To
field) or is it your first fetchmail.
You need to check the log of both fetchmail.

On 6/3/07, rajnish kumar <kumarrajnishgupta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends
>                    I have installed kolab2.0 with fetchmail (my mail
> is hosted some where else) it's working fine no issue with this.( Mail
> repeat)
>
> After final release Kolab2.1 i have installed in my test server only
> problem with  this kolab2.1  is let's example --
> To    --        aaa at indo.com,bbb at indo.com
> cc    --         ccc at indo.com
>
> I have send mail like uppper form Gmail or any other domains to my
> kolab2.1 test server.
> First this mail comes my ISP then I have download this mail from ISP
> through fetchmail in one account like  "ddd at indo.com" after that I
> runs again fetchmail in this case i pickup allmails in ddd at indo.com
> and distribute it locally with  * options through fetchmail.  But what
> happen 3 copies of mail will goes to all user''s like aaa,bbb,ccc. I
> belived my problem will sorted out.
>
> with regds
> rajnish

Alain Spineux