trying to apply security update

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Jul 26 09:14:35 CEST 2007

* Nik777 <kolab at babel.homelinux.net> [20070719 15:10]:
> Hi, I'm trying to apply a clamav security update.
>
> I've downloaded the src.rpm, and am trying to follow the instructions.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         pkgconfig is needed by clamav-0.90.3-20070531_kolab
>         bc is needed by clamav-0.90.3-20070531_kolab

First thing: There is a new clamav package 0.91.1, but this will
have the same problems when building on Kolab server 2.0.4.

pkgconfig and bc were not included in Kolab server 2.0.4, so you
could either try compiling those two from the 2.1.0 RPMs (I got a
report that this worked, but maybe you have to apply a bit --force
due to version dependencies).

Or install the clamav source RPM and remove the build dependencies
from the clamav.spec file and build with openpkg rpm -bb clamav.spec
There will be some configure warnings during build, but this should
only affect clamav's ability to talk SSL which usually isn't
required.

As I haven't tried it myself yet, please report any success so I can
update the instructions in the security advisories.

Generally I recommend upgrading to 2.1.0 though.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998