trying to apply security update

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 24 11:07:54 CEST 2007

On Thursday 19 July 2007 15:17, Nik777 wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to apply a clamav security update.

On which Kolab Server version?

> I've downloaded the src.rpm, and am trying to follow the instructions.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         pkgconfig is needed by clamav-0.90.3-20070531_kolab
>         bc is needed by clamav-0.90.3-20070531_kolab
>
> I presume this is a result of my not being in the correct directory, or
> (hopefully not) that information from the original build area (long
> gone) is needed to rebuild this RPM.

I do not think either of this is the case here.

> Can anyone tell me of a simple fix? I am loath to re-run the entire
> build process as I'm fairly sure that would clobber my existing
> installation.

There certainly is a way to do this without rebuilding everything.
You could try forcing things within the rpm command.
Also you could do some of the steps manually (see rpm documentation)
and thus get more information about the problem.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)