Horde Web Framework, and OpenPKG question

Webb, Paul pwebb at webbenabled.com
Wed Apr 18 15:36:25 CEST 2007

Gunnar,

Thanks for the response!

I followed the instructions on
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Horde when I did
my install, but when I was finished I was left with a folder containing
all of the Horde utilities, but none of the framework. For instance, I
had imp, turba, etc... but no index.php in the horde folder. I also
didn't have the config subdirectory or any of the others that I should
have had. This happened on two separate Kolab 2.1 RC1 installs where the
Host OS was Ubuntu 6.10 with all of the patches installed.

That said, I was left with an incomplete/broken install of Horde after 6
hours of compilation time... for a web client that takes up 50 mb of
space on my server! Any way to speed that up? Every time I attempt the
install, we're looking at 6 hours of compile time plus the possibility
that it will break the Kolab server and I'll have to do a restore of my
backups (which I'm now making religiously).

Is there a way to get just the necessary files to install rather than do
a full-on recompile of the entire server? Perhaps a package like a
.tar.gz that you decompress and expand into the
/kolab/var/kolab/www/horde directory? Then if it's broken or incomplete,
I can see that and switch back to the partially working one with only
10-15 minutes of downtime.

:-)

Thanks!
--