serious problemes with duplicated messages

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Thu Nov 23 12:19:21 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 11:59, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
[...]
> We have fixed a few issues which could lead to such a bad situation
> in the KDE Kolab Client, which is Kontact from the Proko2 branch.
> Check the release notes of 2.1.5.
> There is one potential corner case left:
> kolab/issue1473 (conflict after moving day appointment)
> Deadlock should not happen with 2.1.5 anymore.

On the other hand, I ran into issue1498 and issue1505 with 2.1.5, both of
which weren't reported to me by our users (nor had I seen them myself)
before. Unfortunately, both are quite difficult to reproduce. :-(

> The Proko2 branch is the conservative choice for production systems.
> We are forwardporting all fixes to KDE 3.5

But not all features, right? I tested a KDE 3.5.5 setup and noticed that its
Kontact does not seem to have the local subscription feature, which allows to
split accounts into DIMAP/IMAP, thus gaining a significant performance
advantage.

Cheerio,

Thomas