Outlook Connector comparison (in German)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 29 13:33:58 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 16. März 2006 16:44 schrieb Giovanni Baroni:
> Maybe someone can grab here some Information in evaluating a Connector
> für Outlook and Kolab Server.
>
> http://activmedia.ch/groupware6.php

You write that
Konsec is a "real" MAPI storage provider doing all works directly on the
server
and Toltec is a plugin doing work on sync time.
From it you conclude that Konsec has the more "professional" approach.

Doing a work all the time in the background and at a sync time
has some minor advantages and disadvantages. One is certianly not more
professional as the other.

From what Radley says, I think that explaining this as "real MAPI storage
prodider" against "plugin" is also technically not precise enough as both
work with MAPI and there is no directly conclusion towards the chances
of working correctly with Outlook and Kolab.