Outlook Connector comparison (in German)

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Mar 17 08:29:48 CET 2006

Hello Giovanni,

the result of your tests are quite interesting although we've choosen
Toltect long ago. Konsec wasn't available at that time (i.e. it was delayed
again and again) so we went with what's been available.

Nevertheless Toltec was a good choice IMO, it works reliable and when we had
problems we got immediate help from Toltec. I see this as a plus for
Toltec, if you contact them providing reasonable details of a bug, they
react in a pretty short time.
Well, I've no experience regarding Konsec, others may have made similar
experiences with them.

Anyway, actually I'm writing because I'd be interested in a comparison in th
quality area. Performance is one thing, correctness is another on. Have you
tested to create e.g. events with more difficult than commonly used
recurrence seetings? How do the connectors deal with such things? How do
the connectors deal with data created by handhelds or from Linux clients or
from web frontends like Horde? Do they show the data correctly? Is their
data shown correctly in the other clients?
IMO correctness is a bit more important than the plain amount of transfered
data or only the upload time. Sure, if a product is slow, that will make a
difference to the users. But if something doesn't work at all, the
performance simply looses it's value.

Best regards,
Andreas