SyncKolab

eric poscher ep at pvl.at
Thu Mar 9 13:48:12 CET 2006

Hi Andreas,

We could communicate in german if you prefer, but I'll stick to english
for other users and the archive..

Andreas Gungl schrieb:

>You should try Kolab 2, it's much more matter than Kolab1.
>
>SyncKolab works for me. However, it has some limitations, i.e. some
>recurrence settings are not interpreted correctly and so on. The best Kolab
>client is Kontact (not available on Win).

We have a very mixed environment: Ubuntu, OSX, and Windows.
Most of them use thunderbird though.

>You can write a script to put a part of the Kolab LDAP contents (the
>addresses) into a shared folder. But why don't you access the server
>directly via LDAP? IIRC you can modify settings in Mozilla to cache LDAP
>data. So they are available when you're offline

I can't write to the LDAP addressbook (which might be a matter of access
rights?) and probably it won't be possible to make changes in offline
mode. The Idea was, that it would be easily possible to make changes
offline and sync it back once we're online again.

using the toltec connector, I could syncronise a new addressbook &
calendar, but do not get the contacts which are already stored on the
server and can be seen with thunderbird.

Thanks,
Eric

--
:: [PUBLIC VOICE|Lab] International Media Co-op :: http://pvl.at/ ::
:: Geschäftsstelle Bregenzerwald  ::  Hof 4, A-6861 Alberschwende ::