SyncKolab

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Thu Mar 9 11:15:26 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 9. März 2006 10:44 schrieb eric poscher:
> We've been Testing Kolab1 (IMAP Folder) so far and have installed a
> kolab server recently.
>
> So far, I haven't found a way to access & sync the Thunderbird
> addressbook with kolab's LDAP address book. Any hints if that is
> possible with SyncKolab?  Is there a way to make kolab sync it's
> addressbook with a shared folder?  Hope I didn't miss anything..
>
> cheers!

Hi Eric,

You should try Kolab 2, it's much more matter than Kolab1.

SyncKolab works for me. However, it has some limitations, i.e. some
recurrence settings are not interpreted correctly and so on. The best Kolab
client is Kontact (not available on Win).

You can write a script to put a part of the Kolab LDAP contents (the
addresses) into a shared folder. But why don't you access the server
directly via LDAP? IIRC you can modify settings in Mozilla to cache LDAP
data. So they are available when you're offline.

Regards,
Andreas